Categories
General Update

Brightspace Transition Update

Dear Faculty,

I write today to provide an update on our campus’ transition from Blackboard to Brightspace. First, and most welcome, CUNY has given us and the other wave 1 campuses permission to go live in Summer 2024. We will not go live in Winter or Spring. This change gives us much more time to transition our campus and train faculty and students.

Our campus’ LMS/Blackboard Team has been engaged in training with facilitators from CUNY Online and D2L, the company that created Brightspace, throughout September. They are hoping to have full access to the environment later on this month. Based on this, we are working with the following timeline. We will be developing training materials through January and holding training sessions, both live and self-directed, starting in February. We plan to prioritize training faculty and students who will teach and learn during the summer, eventually reaching all faculty and students before classes begin in late August.

As always, thank you all for your patience with the transition. I will send updates as I have them and I am always happy to answer questions.

Best,

Andrew

Andrew H. Sidman
Interim Dean of Academic Programs

Professor of Political Science
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, CUNY
212-237-8179

“I am a responsible employee”